Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables and there are so many delicious ways to make it!
In addition to making meatballs with Melly's Homemade Meatball Mix for Sunday Dinner, I also like to keep an extra bag on hand to make some apps or side dishes.
This is really easy to make and you can use it on GF bread toasted in the oven with olive oil and garlic. or even mix with your favorite pasta!
1/4 cup grated cheese (I prefer Pecorino Romano)
1/8 cup oregano
1/2 cup Melly's Homemade Meatball Mix
1 teaspoon salt
4-5 sprigs Basil (cut into ribbons, optional)
1. Dice up your eggplant into chunks
2. In a bowl, mix Melly's Homemade Meatball Mix with grated cheese and oregano.
3. Add your diced eggplant to this bowl and coat with mixture. Spritz a little olive oil on top so the mixture coats the eggplant
4. Spray a baking pan with a little olive oil and add eggplant mixture to the baking pan. Spray olive oil on top (not to much as you don't want it to get soggy)
5. Bake eggplant mixture at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes
6. Move cooked eggplant to a bowl. Sprinkle with grated cheese and salt to taste.